Philosophy of ECHS
Elyria Catholic is a college preparatory high school. Elyria Catholic encourages the students to engage in extra-curricular experiences that will help them encompass the pillars of the Mission Statement. Our expectation is that upon graduation, an Elyria Catholic graduate will:
- take an active role in the learning process and realize it is a lifelong commitment.
- communicate effectively, and think critically in oral and written form.
- recognize and practice self discipline, have self respect and model both.
- realize God-given talents and act upon this realization by giving to the community
- value life by making good moral decisions.
It has been decided that only students who are on academic probation and students who are receiving a failing grade (F) in a class will receive written notification (academic warning).
All students and parents are encouraged to continue to monitor academic progress through the use of ProgressBook and through e-mail correspondence with various faculty members.
Important Academic Links
How to Calculate Your GPA