Any eighth grade student considering attending Elyria Catholic is strongly encouraged to visit the high school, either through participation in our Eighth Grade Visitation Days or our Shadowing Program. Prospective students, parents, and family members are invited to join us for our Open House on Sunday, November 4, 2012, 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Personal tours are also available by contacting the admissions office at (440) 365-1821 ext. 16.
Eighth Grade Visitation Day
The Eighth Grade Visitation Day allows prospective students the opportunity to meet and speak with current students, faculty and administrators at Elyria Catholic High School. Visiting students attend classes taught by EC faculty members, listen to presentations from current EC students, and enjoy a pizza lunch with other visiting prospective students. Many of the local Catholic schools attend the Eighth Grade Visitation Day as a class, but individual students are welcome to attend if their school does not participate en masse.
The Shadowing Program gives current eighth grade students an inside look at a typical school day at Elyria Catholic High School. Prospective eighth grade students are welcome to shadow a current EC student on any regular school day during the year. Specifics about the Shadowing Program are as follows:
- A shadow reservation should be made 3 days in advance of the visit, and can be arranged by contacting the admissions office at (440) 365-1821 ext. 16.
- Report to the main office at 7:55 a.m. on the morning of your scheduled shadow date.
- Young ladies should wear khaki or black pants, a white oxford, white polo shirt, or any colored sweater, and dress shoes and socks. Young men should wear khaki or black "Docker" style pants, a white shirt and tie, and dress shoes and socks.
- Please bring a book to read in case the individual being shadowed has a study hall or examination during their class period.
- Elyria Catholic will provide the shadow with a free lunch pass, so there is no need to worry about packing a lunch (unless a special diet is required).
- The school day ends at 2:45 p.m., and shadows may be picked up in the main parking lot.